Thursday, August 2, 2012

Weaknesses/ Bad Habits

I figure in order for the blog to work properly, I'm just going to have to throw everything out there no matter how embarrassing. So to follow the embarrassment of posting my before pictures, I'm now posting a list of my weaknesses. These are things that have prevented me from having the body I want. Even though I was diagnosed with Thyroid disease which makes losing weight more difficult, I refuse to use that as an excuse for why I look and feel the way I do now! I refuse to be in denial any longer!

Here is a list of all my weaknesses:

1. Snacking- I can go days without eating full meals and just snack. I've heard that eating 6 mini meals can be better for your metabolism than 3 larger, but the content and frequency of these snacks is why I am here.  

2. Diet Soda- I always figured diet soda was better for you than regular varieties just because of the calorie count. However, it contains an artificial sweetener called Aspartame which has been rumored to cause cancer. Diet varieties also still contain sodium which causes you to retain water, in turn gaining weight. Not to mention the acid in any carbonated beverage can cause bone loss and destroy tooth enamel. 

3. Movie Theater Butter Popcorn- Being broke college students means many nights spent on the couch watching Netflix with a giant bowl of buttery, salty popcorn. Its to the point now where we can hardly watch a movie without it. 

4. Eating Out- Everyone knows you're simply better off cooking at home!

5. Sweets- I love, love, love baked items such as brownies, blueberry donuts, and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately, this love has caused me to hate myself!

6. Chips- Although I rarely buy them, I tend to go all out when I do. Even if I'm eating the baked varieties, I tend to forget there's still a serving size, they still contain calories and fat, and I'm still consuming a boat load of salt! 

7. Starbucks- Again, another habit of a college student. It doesn't help that there is a Starbucks on my way to school as well as right on campus! 

8. Eating Late- By the time I get off work its usually anywhere between 10:30 and 11:00 at night. Even though sometimes I have already eaten dinner, I still tend to be hungry (or think I'm hungry) after getting off. Because of the time, I usually end up hitting up one of the many fast food drive-thru options on my way home or popping something unhealthy like Pizza Rolls into the microwave. After eating these, let's face it, nasty foods, I then go to bed and lay on them all night long. 

9. Not eating breakfast- When I was younger I had some sinus problems that usually left me feeling queezy upon waking up in the morning. Therefore, I was never feeling up to eating breakfast. Before I knew it, skipping breakfast had become a habit. When I hit middle school my assigned lunch hour began at 10:15am. Who is hungry for lunch at 10am? Therefore, I usually skipped not only breakfast, but lunch as well. 

10. Ice Cream- It doesn't help that I work at one of the best frozen custard joints EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment