Thursday, August 2, 2012

Slim Down your Slice

Being a college student, pizza has become a staple in my diet. Sometimes we get so busy its just easier to pick up the phone and order a pizza than to cook an entire meal. Here are some things you can do to lighten up the next pizza you order. 

1. Opt for thin crust and save 49 calories per slice

2. Ask for half the cheese and save 85 calories per slice

3. Request a tomato pie (no cheese, sauce only) then sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan and save 63 calories per slice. 

4. I always dab the top of each slice I consume with a napkin or paper towel to prevent some of the grease and fat from entering my body. 

5. Top your pizza with lighter toppings like green peppers, onions, tomatoes, or roasted peppers which add less than 5 calories per slice. My favorites are mushrooms, spinach (both less than 5 calories per slice), and chicken (11 calories per slice). 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment