Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Detox and Cleansing

Over the summer, I did quite a bit of partying, traveling, eating out, and like most college students my age, drinking. So I figure a good way to rid my system of all the junk I put into it over summer break would be a little detox. I found a recipe for a detox drink from The Biggest Loser's Jillian Michaels on Pinterest and it actually doesn't taste bad at all! The original pinner said she lost nearly 5 pounds from sipping on this for a week in addition to eating a healthy, balanced diet. She said she had never felt less bloated and it was a great way to kick start her diet again after her vacation. Here's the recipe...


60 ounces of distilled water
1 tbsp pure cranberry juice (no cocktail or added sugars)
2 tbsp of real lemon juice
1 Dandelion root tea bag

Mix everything together and chill with the tea bag still diffusing. Drink 60 ounces of this drink each day for 7 days and the claim is you can drop 5 pounds of excess water weight. You are allowed to drink additional water after you've consumed the 60 ounces of detox water. I have read comments, however, that say the dandelion tea can cause upset stomach in some people because some are allergic to the plant but other than that, no major side effects have been reported. The author of the Pinterest article (who happens to be a nurse) says you should not do this for more than seven days at a time. She recommends going back to water after the seven days and reserve the detox water if you need a quick slim down for a special occasion or a detox after eating out on vacation. She also says although her stomach is not as flat now as it was after the seven days of detox water, she has been able to keep off the 5 pounds she lost. I will definitely be doing this again the week before my sisters wedding so I can look awesome in that bridesmaids dress!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment