Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cheat Days

No matter how hard we try to eat right and exercise, most of us still crave the french fries and cupcakes. If you don't allow cheat days you run the risk of a horrible binge of your junk food cravings so in order to help you stay on track, you should allow yourself one cheat per week whether it be eating whatever you want during a certain period of time or for one meal. If you do happen to let yourself go a little overboard, don't get discouraged...it happens to all of us! Just start again the next day. I usually try to take things one meal at a time so I don't feel overwhelmed. Also remember to practice portion control when utilizing your cheat days. For example, the other day after work (I work in a frozen custard shop) I had a craving for ice cream. I decided to utilize my cheat with a some frozen custard. Instead of going for the 16 ounce concrete filled with caramel, graham cracker, and hard shell I would have normally ordered, I opted for a kid sized sundae (one scoop) of 98% fat free vanilla custard with raspberries and banana. It still satisfied my sweet too but saved me hundreds of calories and countless grams of sugar. If you would like to find other ways to enjoy your treat days without going too overboard, check out the many recipes from Hungry Girl. She re-vamps hundreds of fast food favorites, cocktails, coffee drinks, and desserts to save you calories and fat like her lightened version of Applebee's won-ton tacos, chicken strips, onion rings, jalapeno poppers, muffins, cookies, and more! 

Happy snacking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment