- 18.25 oz box confetti cake mix, I used Duncan Hines
- 2 1/2 tsp powdered sugar-free pink lemonade mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- lemon zest from half of a lemon
- 2 drops pink food coloring (optional)
- confetti sprinkles, optional Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners. Stir together the water and pink lemonade powder. Combine the cake mix, pink lemonade mixture, applesauce, lemon zest, food coloring and oil in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pans. Add sprinkles if using and bake in the oven for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks before serving.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Pink Lemonade Confetti Cupcakes
With all the celebrations that are taking place in our family lately (birthdays, bridal showers, etc), we have had tons of sweets around. With these celebrations come cakes and even though my taste buds are saying, "Yum! Cupcakes!" my waistline is screaming, "don't forget that you're in a wedding in a month!" I came across this recipe on Pinterest from SkinnyTaste that I just had to share. These are festive and delicious, but won't completely screw up your diet plans.