Friday, September 27, 2013

Greek Yogurt Alfredo

As promised earlier today, here is the recipe for lighter Greek yogurt Alfredo sauce. 

 

1/2 cup Milk of your choice (Whole milk will make the sauce thicker, rice milk will make it thinner_
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt (sometimes I replace this with minced garlic)

Black pepper to taste 

Whisk the milk and Greek yogurt in a saucepan over low heat. Add in the Parmesan and garlic salt and continue to whisk until there are no lumps. Keep the heat very low and whisk occasionally. The sauce will thicken a bit as it warms, about 5 minutes.

That's it. Pour over your pasta and dig in.


I use this over whole grain pastas or as a sauce on my whole-grain spinach Alfredo pizza. YUM!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    garlic benefits.
    cinnamon benefits.
    running for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you have enjoyed my blog! Between wedding planning, school, and my new job, I have kind of fallen behind on posting. However, I will be posting regularly again now that things have settled down a little bit! I'm happy to have you here and thanks for subscribing!

    ReplyDelete