Saturday, April 13, 2013

Healthy Cake Batter Energy Bars

My biggest weakness is anything with "Cake Batter" in the name. Just ask my boss at the frozen custard shop I work for! Well...now I can have my cake and eat it too (hehe...see what I did there). 

This recipe for healthy cake batter energy bars allows you to satisfy your sweet tooth and have a great post workout snack. 



1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup packed oat flour
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp roasted cashew butter
5 tbsp honey
Handful of sprinkles, optional
(optional: replace 1/4 cup of the flour with 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder)

Combine all dry ingredients and stir well. In a separate large bowl, add all wet ingredients. Stir to form a paste. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly over the top. Place another sheet of wax paper over the top of the mixture and place a heavier object such as a cookbook or a glass baking dish on top to get the right thickness for your energy bars. This recipe will make two pans. Stick the bars in the fridge or freezer until hardened. Slice into 6 bars (I usually make mine into 12 smaller bars). Store in the fridge or freezer. 

1 bar: 140 calories, 4.5g fat, 27.5g carbs, 3g protein (w/o powder), 2g fiber. If you're following the new Points Plus Weight Watcher's plan one bar amounts to 4 ww points.  

1 comment:

  1. My biggest weakness is anything with "Cake Batter" in the name. Just ask my boss at the frozen custard shop I work for! Well... energycake.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete