If you have read any of my previous posts, you know that I am the worst when it comes to eating breakfast. However, I am now forced to eat breakfast because I have to take medication in the morning. Like many, my mornings are hectic. The alarm sounds at 6am and I jump our of bed to send the hubby-to-be off to work, fit in a morning workout, shower, and get dressed before running out the door to class. My breakfast solution to hectic mornings: protein bars. Here are a couple of my favorites:
1. Clif Crunchy Peanut Butter: This bar is made up of organic peanut butter and chopped peanuts. Each bar contains 240 calories, 6g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 230mg potassium, 40g carbs, 4g fiber, 21g sugar, 11g protein. Plenty of calcium, zinc, magnesium, and Vitamins A, C, D, K, and B12. It tastes great, offers a nutritious breakfast on the go paired with a glass of almond milk, and keeps me full until my lunch break.
2. Clif Chocolate Brownie: This is one brownie you do not have to feel guilty about eating! Each bar contains 230 calories, 4.5g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 260mg potassium, 44g carbs, 5g fiber, 23g sugar, 9g protein. Pair this with some strawberry slices and a glass of almond milk and you will feel like you are being really, really bad! This brownie bar also curbs my occasional Poptart craving.
3. Luna Lemon Zest: You know those lemon Girl Scout cookies that are so good, but so bad for you? Yeah, this bar tastes exactly like those cookies! This car contains 180 calories, 5g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 110mg potassium, 27g carbs, 3g fiber, 13g sugar, 9g protein. In addition, these are full of calcium, zinc, iron, and vitamins.
4. Luna Caramel Nut Brownie: This is another one of those guilt free brownie moments! When I am craving a hot fudge and caramel sundae, I reach for one of these instead and I do not miss the calories I am saving. This brownie contains 180 calories, 6g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 130g potassium, 26g carbs, 3g fiber, 13g sugar, 8g protein.
5. Wheaties Fuel Chocolate and Peanut Butter: Yum! Peanut butter and chocolate is my absolute favorite combination. This is one of my favorites because it literally keeps me full until lunch! This bar contains 290 calories, 12g fat, 5mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 30g carbs, 1g fiber, 13g sugar, 15g protein.