Friday, May 17, 2013

My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe

I love smoothies! Especially when they allow me to consume healthy foods that I do not particularly care for without having to taste them. They make a great breakfast or mid-day pick me up option. One of my favorite smoothies is the green smoothie. Here is the recipe I follow:

1 whole banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
4 cups raw baby spinach
1 tbsp Smucker's all natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 cup almond milk
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
Ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. To add sweetness, try adding apple to your smoothie. You could also try using vanilla flavored yogurt or almond milk.

3 comments:

  1. Since you said that this is your favorite green smoothie, I'm guessing you have other smoothie recipes there? Smoothies have a lot of health benefits for people trying to lose weight and for those who just want to live and keep a healthy lifestyle. I commend you for following a healthy diet, and I wish that you stay healthy from here onwards! Cheers!
    Joseph @ Fresh & Healthy Brands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joseph, thanks for the words of encouragement! I have tons of different smoothie recipes, but none of the others seem to energize me and keep me going quite as well as this one! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joseph, thanks for the words of encouragement! I have tons of different smoothie recipes, but none of the others seem to energize me and keep me going quite as well as this one! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete