Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Yonanas Praise

I have the worst sweet tooth EVER! Many of you probably feel my pain. What I have noticed in dieting is that I can usually eat salty foods and still stay thinner for the most part. However, if I eat sweets I blow up within a matter of hours it seems. My worst enemy is ice cream, especially since I work at a local frozen custard shop during the warmer months. I was really struggling to curb my sweet cravings until I was introduced to Yonanas.

My younger sister eats a diet of mostly raw fruits and veggies. She still drinks milk and will eat chicken and fish occasionally, but for the most part she follows a raw vegan diet. My fiance bought her a Yonanas for Christmas this past year. She loves it because she feels like she is indulging in ice cream, but she is actually fueling her body with nutritious fruits! This is every raw vegan's dream!

 If you haven't heard of this amazing contraption, I will fill you in. 

Yonanas is an amazing machine that makes yummy frozen treats out of FRUIT!!! All you have to do is freeze your favorite fruits, turn on the machine, toss your fruits down the shoot, and the machine turns it into a delicious treat that looks and tastes like ice cream. You do not have to use bananas, but the bananas make your treat taste creamy just like vanilla ice cream. I also really enjoy using kiwi, strawberries, and peaches together. This makes a great sorbet-like treat that tricks your taste buds into thinking you're eating something bad for you! 

The price is just right! We bought the Yonanas for $40 on Amazon with free shipping!  

The flavor possibilities are literally endless. Make a yummy frozen treat out of any type of fruit you like! There are also hundreds of recipes online for the Yonanas such as chocolate Yonanas and cookies and cream Yonanas. If you purchase fruit already frozen for your Yonanas treat, be sure to choose no sugar added varieties if you are trying to keep it light. Also be sure to peel your bananas before freezing them. They are impossible to peel frozen.

One thing I really love about the Yonanas is the easy clean up. The parts are dishwasher safe! Now you have no excuse for not eating the recommended daily serving of fruits! 

Thomas and I are going to have to order a Yonanas of our own here pretty soon! I think my sister is getting tired of making it for us...it is so good she wants to keep it all for herself! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment