I came across a great list on Pinterest of small changes you can make to kick-start your weight loss journey. Even if you are starting small, every change you make adds up to have an impact!
1. If you usually use the escalator or the elevator, switching to stairs can help you lose 2 pounds per year.
2. If you usually use 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise on your sandwich, switch to 2 tablespoons of mustard. Doing this three times a week and you could lose up to 4 pounds in a year!
3. If you usually order a large fry at your local fast food restaurant, swap it out for a small order once a week to lose up to 5 pounds in a year.
4. Break up for television viewing with just 30 minutes of housework each day and you could drop 5 pounds in a single year!
5. If you usually drink an 8 ounce glass of whole milk, switch it out for skim and lose up to 6 pounds a year. This one I'm not sure about. As a female with thyroid problems and trying to get healthy enough to get pregnant, I think I would rather stick to whole milk for the calcium benefits...but its your call.
6. Walking 20 minutes briskly every day will help you lose up to 7 pounds in one year.
7. Grab a piece of fruit instead of that chocolate bar just twice a week and you could lose up to 7 pounds a year!
8. Swap out the whole milk in your 16 ounce latte for non-fat milk and you could lose up to 10 pounds in a single year.
9. Save your calories by swapping out that can of soda for a glass of water. Doing so can help you lose up to 15 pounds in one year if you perform this swap just once a day!
10. If you breakfast normally consists of a three-egg cheese omelet with bacon, toast, and hashbrowns, try swapping it out for a bowl of cereal with non-fat milk once each week. The results could mean an 11 pound weight loss in a single year!
11. If you switch to consuming a half-pint of sorbet each week instead of a whole pint of ice cream, you could be up to 12 pounds lighter come this time next year! This one's an easy one for me because I LOVE SORBET!!! This is something you can easily make from home too. No machine necessary like when you're making ice cream.