Thursday, September 27, 2012

Creamy Taco Soup Recipe

I love creamy, cheesy, stick to your ribs soups, but we all know how detrimental they can be to one's diet! Here is a recipe for creamy taco soup that is so delicious! It really hits the spot on cooler, drizzly fall days like today. The best part is it only sets you back 275 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving and its packed with lean muscle building protein! I make a big pot of this soup and take it for lunch the remainder of the week to help keep me on track. This can also be frozen (I use old ice cream tubs with handles) and heated up for a quick dinner!

3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 can of lower sodium white beans (15oz can), drained and rinsed
1 can of black beans (14oz can), drained and rinsed
1 can diced green chiles (4oz can)
1 can diced tomatoes (15oz can)
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth 
1 cup frozen corn 
1 1/2 pounds pre-cooked chicken breasts, shredded
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp fresh oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp dried cilantro
2 tsp Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning

Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours. 

Serves 7 

The first time I made the for dinner, my fiance ate three bowls! He begged me to pack some for his lunch the next day and has been begging me to make it again ever since! 

No comments:

Post a Comment